HOTEL group Motel One has ranked the most affordable European city breaks this winter – with Glasgow being the only UK city to be named.
Glasgow – the “World’s Friendliest City” – was mentioned amongst the top 15, on basis of affordability.
The hotel group reviewed the most popular European cities for a low-cost winter getaway basing their findings on the estimated cost of a four-night stay – including the recommended daily budget.
Scotland’s largest city is renowned for its culture and art nouveau architecture whilst with the festive season fast approaching, the city’s Christmas market is a must-see.
With its size and economic strength, reasonably priced hotels in Glasgow including Motel One Glasgow are easier to find than anticipated.
Coming in at the top of the list, with a four-night stay costing £422 (€485), is Prague, the Czech Republic’s picturesque capital.
The Latvian capital, Riga, has been growing in popularity for tourists who are looking to explore somewhere different whilst Bruges, Europe’s most walkable city, is also one of the cheapest getaways on the list.
The city’s spectacular canals and architecture means a winter getaway to Bruges is as good as it is in summer.
The full list of the Top 15 most affordable European city breaks are as follows:
- Prague, Czech Republic – £422 (€485)
- Riga, Latvia – £433 (€497)
- Warsaw, Poland – £568 (€652)
- Budapest, Hungary – £631 (€725)
- Leipzig, Germany – £648 (€744)
- Bruges, Belgium – £657 (€754)
- Rotterdam, The Netherlands – £661 (€759)
- Gothenburg, Sweden – £686 (€788)
- Porto, Portugal – £744 (€855)
- Florence, Italy – £752 (€864)
- Frankfurt, Germany – £770 (€884)
- Copenhagen, Denmark – £777 (€892)
- Athens, Greece – £778 (€893)
- Berlin, Germany – £811 (€931)
- Glasgow, Scotland – £818 (€939)
Further information can be found here.